Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Technique Focus: Resist Stamping and Pigment Powders

Hello, Josette here with another Tuesday card.  Todays card is a bit different.  It involves a technique that has been around for a while with a new twist.  So let's look at the card:

This photo does not do the card justice.  Here is another shot, double click to see detail.
So this technique is very simple.  Stamp the images in embossing powder and heat emboss.  Then using a pigment powder, sprinkle on the image, spritz with water to activate and let dry.  Once dry, place between  a folded piece of computer paper, and either heat with iron, or in my case I ran it through my MINC to remove the embossing powder.  In some instances I go back and color the image or enhance it, but with this card I left it be.  Mounted in onto a black A2 card base and let it be.

On my blog there is a detailed instruction of this technique: Here

All of the supplies are available at Sweet Stamp.  Any pigment powders will work,  I used a product by ColourArt, but there are many on the market.

Thank you for stopping by,
Until next week,
Happy Crafting ,
Josette

1 comment:

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful card, I love the technique you used for coloring the image. Thanks for the instructions too.